Monday, July 19, 2010

Pure Green Living - The Magazine!


I have been dropping hints over the last few weeks about a new project of mine....well, here it is!  I want to introduce you to Pure Green Living Magazine, a bi-monthly online publication for green living and design, with style.  Today is the official launch - unlike a regular magazine launch I have kept it quiet until today.  I wanted to spring it on the world and see what happened!

I have always had a secret desire to be in publishing, and this is my wish come true.  As you know, I am very passionate in my views on green living, and don't for one second think that living green means sacrificing style.  In fact, I believe it leads to a more enriched life and creates a new appreciation for your surroundings.  PGL is my passion outspoken, which I hope will be an inspiration to all.


{cover of the premier issue}
 
I want to send a special Thank You to some very special people, who helped me make the premier possible:
 
The team at Hufft Projects
Shelley Penner of Penner & Associates
for their contributions to Pure Green Homes

Tif Fussel a.k.a. Dottie Angel
for her happy hanger DIY contribution

Barb from Knack Studio
for her Pure Green Workplace interview

Kirsten of Simply Grove
Jacqui of So Good & Tasty
for their contribution to The Last Word

Justine Brown of What's Inside Web Design
for her help in creating the PGL website

And to the many others who provided such wonderful feedback during our soft release!

Also, a special Thank You to my advertisers, who all have amazing products and wonderful businesses.  Please say hello!

I wrote and designed the premier issue myself (with exception of recipes from the Organic Kitchen, and Green is Preseved).  As the editor, I felt I needed to get a feel for the magazine before I enlisted contributors.  If you are interested in becoming a regular or occasional contributor, have a great idea,  or have/know of a great green home, before & after or DIY project you would like featured, email me at puregreendesign{at}gmail.com.  I'd love to hear from you!

Now, after all the formalities, have a read!  If you like what you see, help me spread the word, I'll be eternally grateful. 




 
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

  1. this e-zine is so far beyond good....i LOVE it...keep it up....sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous magazine, so much inspiration, love it !
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i FINALLY was able to view and read the magazine!{just got back in late last night, and have so much to catch up on!}.... so fantastic! you did an absolutely wonderful job.....and i don't know what rock i was under....but i didn't realize my interview was in it! wow! thank you so very much!

    i will post about it tomorrow on knack!

    keep up the good work....the layout and design are wonderful!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on this, it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your site and have flipped through the eMagazine and I love it! I'm looking forward to more.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the magazine! Is there a way to post it in a format where I can read it on my iPad? Look forward to reading future issues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. curiousoyster - good question. I think I can publish it in a 1 page format (scroll down); as ipads are growing I should create a seperate site for them! Stay tuned I may make it happen!

    Thank you to everyone for your encouragement! Your kind words mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an awesome magazine, really well done. So many of the online magazines can't hold my attention...I just find myself going blah, blah, blah and flipping the pages and then just x'ing out. Yours kept me. Beautifully done, colors and layout are so nice. If I was going to ever publish a magazine, I would use yours as my inspiration. You are my new Martha Stewart of Green Living! Can't wait till the next issue.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails