Monday, February 22, 2010

{eco} style: Harricana


This week is special on PGD.  This week, I am honouring my mom;  she deserves to be an honourary guest because, not only does she support me (my dad does too!) in everything I do, she tirelessly searches the internet for cool stuff for me.  Whether its new products for the store, or something she thinks I'd like in general, she readily calls me on any given day with a list of links.  She's awesome, and has become my unofficial personal reasearcher.   She insists that she enjoys doing it, but, this week I've decided to feature Sylvie's finds, just to let her know that I really appreciate her.  So, today, being {eco} style day on PGD, Sylvie (my french mom) brings you Harricana.  She actually had found several ethical fashion brands, but this one was my favourite, partially because they have a great website.  So, who is Harricana - they recycle old stuff into great new stuff, and they're based in Montreal! 

{creator: Mariouche Gagné}

"Since 1993, our expertise allows us to communicate emotions from generation to generation by recycling high-quality fashion apparel. By recycling old furs, we have saved the lives of more than 600,000 animals over the past 15 years. It has also enabled us to extend the life of more than 60,000 coats, silk scarves, cashmere scarves and wedding gowns, which would never have been worn if they had not been remod-elled. We give gorgeous materials a second life and transform them into unique pieces, proving that fashion can also be sustainable.

Since we are very concerned about ecology, we make it a point of integrity to produce all of our crea-tions in Canada under ethical manufacturing conditions."

Here is a look at their winter collection - stay tuned for their summer collection {think a little less fur, more silk.}







{they have a home collection too}

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the honor. C'est toujours un grand plaisir de naviguer le web pour trouver des petits plaisirs eco.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails