Monday, January 5, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself...

This is my first blog, and consequently, my first post. I'm slightly trepidatious to publish this first post, but, as I've been learning, the blogsphere is such a lovely place! It seems that bloggers are earnest and kind, so full of passion and inspiration! I mean, why not, when everyone is indulging in something they love? So, why am I here? Over the past few months, I've really been inspired by the many fabulous blogs out there...and I've been fueling my own passion too, so, why not share? I'm hoping to develop this blog into an extension of my professional life. I am interior decorator, and somewhat new at it, as of 2 years ago. I've been looking for ways to forge into the design frontier, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Why green? Well, I was initially disturbed by the consumerism promoted by my industry, a feeling that just didn't sit well. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE beautiful things, but as I came to these realizations, any object off the shelf just didn't do it for me anymore. The environment has always been a passion - living in Muskoka, having a cottage on Georgian Bay and just harboring a genuine love for the outdoors has fueled a respect and awe for nature; so it was no real hardship to begin searching for ways to green my approach to decorating. The result is a medley of hunting for vintage and antique finds to personalize and adapt in wonderful ways, getting really creative with materials, and a self-professed obsession combing the internet for new green products. As this progressed, I came to realize that decorating in an eco-manner was downright difficult in my area, hence, my new fiancee and I are opening a green design, décor and building supply store in our area! We are so thrilled, but the process has been very long... I'm getting away from myself. The REAL purpose of this blog is to prove that gone are the days when eco meant sacrificing anything when it comes to style. Look here for green style, new products, and eco DIY. You'll find that I have a real penchant for urban-rustic interiors. I love bleached out wood, rough edges mixed with clean, lots of light and splashes of colour. I look forward to sharing these passions with you! Excuse this lengthy post, but now that we're acquainted, we can get started!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for a blog. I love to see more of your finds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails